The new moon in Aquarius will take place, midday on Friday, January 24th. Uranus will square the new moon and enhance it’s effects.
This new moon should be dramatic, in part because it’s coming on the heels of the Saturn Pluto conjunction; part of large stellium in Capricorn that was sustained for six weeks. Most people have been bound in some way. It might be due some heavy responsibility, some restriction or merely their own fear.
This new moon signifies change. Uranus / Aquarius is said to liberate but the word that comes to mind for me is, loosed. This is because “liberate” is a word means different things to different people. It’s picked up connotations over the years. “Loosed” is more straightforward.
“Loosed” according to Dictionary.com:
1.free or released from fastening or attachment:
a loose end.
2.free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered:
loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.
3. uncombined, as a chemical element.
You can expect your feelings (moon) to change at this time. Your character (sun) may change simultaneously. If this happens, it will happen very fast. Not a month or a week or even a day. More like the time it takes to flip a switch.
You’ll probably have to make an effort to nail down a gain. It’s this way for me, at least. I get the idea or the insight or the grace or opportunity. If I don’t follow through, the good thing has been wasted on me. I’ve learned grab the lightning!
We set intentions under new moons. Here are some ideas based on the house in your chart where the new moon falls.
- New Moon in the 1st house – Present yourself in a new way. You can do this verbally, but you can also change your appearance for a new lease on life.
- New Moon in the 2nd house – Change you values and/or your tastes. If you’re buried in stuff, free yourself from some of your possessions.
- New Moon in the 3rd house – Original ideas and ways of communicating. Are you tied to your phone? Detach!
- New Moon in the 4th house – Rearrange your home. Take space from your family or others with whom you may be emotionally enmeshed.
- New Moon in the 5th house – Be original! Do not conform to creative standards.
- New Moon in the 6th house – Experiment with your diet or daily routine. If you never help anyone, shock people by pitching in.
- New Moon in the 7th house – Give your partner some space… taking space yourself. Relate in a new way.
- New Moon in the 8th house – Let go of an obsession or some other thing that is killing you.
- New Moon in the 9th house – Study something that no one thought you would ever study in a million years.
- New Moon the 10th house – Eccentric authority figure. Change your public image. Change the structure of whatever it is, you’re in charge of.
- New Moon in the 11th house – Make a new friend; from a group you’re previously blocked.
- New Moon in the 12th house – Free yourself from addiction, self-pity or general malaise.
Where does the new moon fall in your chart? How will you channel this energy?